... este post do meu blog inglês, está à espera de ser traduzido para português ...
If at a Christian conference about 'growth' you were asked to list in order of priority, the factors that contribute to the growth of the Church, which one would be at the top of your list?
I guess you could say, "At the top of my list I would put the 'strange omission'.
But what is that?
Before I answer, let me emphasize that in my view, 'growth' is a supernatural process.
Psalm 127:1 “Unless the Lord builds the house, its builders labour in vain”
We must have an excellent leadership/organizational structure, good preaching, teaching, evangelism, missionary programmes etc., with activities not just for young people/children, but for all ages.
We do need to be involved in all these areas (and others) if we want to see our Church growing!
However, there is one 'but'!
Because, these factors in themselves do not produce growth, if we don’t put the first priority - the 'strange omission' - in its rightful place. The top factor in our list – the 'strange omission' – is the one that moves God’s hand, because “unless the Lord builds the house, its builders labour in vain”.
We must remember that we are involved in a "spiritual warfare" and therefore we need to defeat Satan!
We also have a "great commission", to preach the gospel to the ends of the earth, with many obstacles on the way to be confronted and conquered!
How can God be involved in our 'spiritual warfare' and in the 'great commission', to enable us to defeat all the enemies? How can our faith grow stronger and be capable of conquering?"
Only if we put PRAYER at the top of our list!
Prayer - the factor that should be at the top of our list – has unfortunately become the 'strange omission'.
When growth of the Church is spoken about, prayer is rarely at the top of the list and sometimes it is not even included in these conferences! Often it is relegated to the bottom of our list and our lives!
1. How much time do we spend praying each day?
2. How long does our Church pray together?
3. Do we have prayer programmes to intensify prayer?
4. Is there enough teaching in our Church, about prayer?
5. Do we involve our Church in spiritual warfare?
6. Are we aware that without prayer there is no 'supernatural growth'?
Prayerlessness is the Church’s major malady!
Put prayer at the TOP of your list and be ready to pay the price, like Moses, Aaron and Hur did.
Exodus 17: 10 So Joshua fought the Amalekites as Moses had ordered, and Moses, Aaron and Hur went to the top of the hill. 11 As long as Moses held up his hands, the Israelites were winning, but whenever he lowered his hands, the Amalekites were winning. 12 When Moses’ hands grew tired, they took a stone and put it under him and he sat on it. Aaron and Hur held his hands up—one on one side, one on the other—so that his hands remained steady till sunset. 13 So Joshua overcame the Amalekite army with the sword.
- RICHARD DAWKINS the GOD DELUSION or JOHN PIPER - DESIRING GOD?
- GOD DELUSION OR DESIRING GOD?
- O MÉDICO DISSE: SINTO MUITO ANDREW, MAS VOCÊ VAI FICAR CEGO....
- About Prophecy...
- Strange Omission
- Como pode ter a CERTEZA da SALVAÇÃO Wallace dos Anjos - Pr de Aljezur..
- Cristão e a Politica
- Partícula de Deus
- Interview with RICHARD DAWKINS the Archbishop of ATHEISM - John Hawley
- MY ENGLISH Blog
- Rob Bell or Hell?
- DO YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS ABOUT PORNOGRAPHY
- Fator Estranho.......
- REINO DE DEUS
- COMO NÃO SER VÍTIMA DO ABUSO ESPIRITUAL - José Dias www.santovivo.
- Mensagem NATAL
- CURA DA ALMA....
- A RELIGIÃO E A FILOSOFIA...
- O que diz a Bíblia sobre a EUTANÁSIA.....?
- Problemas da vida
- Batalha Espiritual
- Comentários de Bill Johnson....
- Teologia do 'Reino Agora' de Bill Johnson..
- Third Wave and Kingdom Theology.......
- GRANDE COMISSÃO de Cristo
- HOMOSEXUALISMO - paixões confusas.!?
- ANIQUICIONALISMO OU INFERNO........?
- PORQUE EU NÃO SOU ATEU?
- CESSACIONISMO ou Continuacionismo..?
- EU QUERO IR PARA O CÉU....
- A CRISE DURANTE A ADOLESCÊNCIA....
- PASTORES DIVORCIADOS.....?
- O ABORTO À LUZ DA BIBLIA..
- What Jesus meant by ABUNDANT LIFE....?
- MAÇONARIA À LUZ da BIBLIA.
- VOÇÊ É O SENHOR BOA PESSOA?
- It's ok to kill a baby in the womb, when......?
- FREEMASONRY right or wrong
- Livro de Jasar e Zechariah SITCHIN
- Have you Been DECEIVED by the devil.....?
- A origem do mal João Cruzué...
- Mensagens profetas DA BÍBLIA...
- ESTÁ A "NOIVA" A DEIXAR A "IGREJA"....?
- DOUTRINAS ESPIRITO SANTO
- Igreja Emergente e Papa Francisco
- TUMAINI FUND - 20.000 AIDS ORPHANS IN TANZANIA supported by this fund..
- Andre Cook Martins e NEW TRIBES........
- "ICHABOD" - HAS THE GLORY OF GOD DEPARTED FROM ENGLAND............?
- O LUTO É MUITO REAL ....................
- CREDO APOSTÓLICO Século VI e as fontes bíblicas ...........................................
- AS ESCRITURAS E A PREGAÇÃO
- AS SETE BEM-AVENTURANÇAS DO APOCALIPSE . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .....
- COMENTÁRIO do Livro do Apocalipse
- O LIVRO DO APOCALIPSE E A NOVA ORDEM MUNDIAL.....................................
- ROMANCE SOBRE O APOCALIPSE
- FOTOS SOBRE A CIDADE DE MOÇÂMEDES - NAMIBE........................................
- JESUS E A MULHER ADÚLTERA
- JOSÉ FRAGATA Moçâmedes Entrevista Começar de Novo RTP1 24/02/2013.....
- O MEU PAI - ROBERTO LATINHAS DE MOÇÂMEDES ERA MUITO FAMOSO......
- AMIGOS DE MOÇÂMEDES